Have you ever asked yourself why you buy original art When you can save tons of money on cheap posters or mass-produced replica prints? For those who would like to go the extra mile and purchase original art, here are 8 best reasons to buy original art.
1. You feel happy and inspired by original art. Original art inspires you and adds meaning as well as value to your home that is why you love it. Not many things can inspire and make you feel great than a great original work of art. With original art you get to share the passion, creativity, and inspiration of the artist who created it.
2. You buy original art for its uniqueness. A one of a kind masterpiece is definitely unique in more ways than one. The artwork can be specially commissioned and entirely personal to you and no one else can have their hands on it but you. A cheap printout can be had by thousands of people out there, but not your original art.
3. You want to make a statement for buying original art. Art lovers and collectors want to show off their art and impress other people. When you buy original art, you make this statement. Art especially if original can be pricey, and a real show of status. It can also be a part of your legacy later on, and for which you are making a valuable statement.
4. You want to start your very own art collection. Many art aficionados buy original art to start their very own art collection. People collect all kinds of stuff from die cast cars, expensive jewelries, antiques, and more. So, why not collect something valuable with original artworks? Perhaps, you can grow an impressive art collection you can be proud of later on.
5. You want to make a connection with the artist. Buying original art means you share their passion, inspiration, and creativity. When you look at the original artwork of the artist you look up to, it makes you feel happy and proud. You share their vision and commitment in the arts; hence you support the artist with your continued patronage of their work.
6. Original art is a worthwhile investment. There are people who buy original art for purely investment and financial reasons. With original art there is a guarantee that the art will surely increase value in time. Many stuff we buy everyday are also of no value, so why not go for something that would be worthwhile.
7. Original art is bought for intellectual reasons. Great art offers mental stimulation. It reminds us of our place in the world, of our humanity. Art offers historical as well as valuable significance. Art may not appear as valuable for other people but, to you there is a deeper meaning that goes beyond the surface.
8. You buy original art simply because you like it. Yes, you want that original art and owning one makes you feel very good. It makes your day and it can make you smile. You feel it was created especially for you, you feel the connection. At the end of the day, you buy the art just because you like it.
You don’t need a lot of reasons to buy original art. One good reason will do, even though there are several reasons for doing so. People buy original art for several reasons. Whatever reason you may have, we wish you are happy possessing something that is valuable, worthwhile, and one that you’d definitely enjoy.
Featured and 1st image from http://images.catchnews.com/upload/2016/09/13/viewing-art-helps-with-dementia-3254132.-sx540-_730x419.jpg
2nd image from https://www.mca.com.au/files/collection/exhibitions/Noa_Eshkol_Biennale_of_Sydney_MCA_credit_Daniel_Boud_031.jpg